Brother HL1210W not recognised by Windows 10

An elderly friend has an issue with her printer and I am trying to sort her out, so hope someone can help.

She runs an older laptop with Windows 10 and it does not find the printer when looking for at Wifi. The Wifi network is fine and when the HL1210W powers up it connects OK and has green Wifi light on steady. The bottom green Ready light comes on brightly but dims or goes off after 20 seconds. This may be irrelevant. All the firmware/software has been reloaded/updated, the printer has been factory reset. When using a printer cable it performs fine. No cable, no connection. When I went through the process of re-installing software via wifi I got error messages, as attached, which to me indicates an issue with lack of connection between PC and printer. I have asked Brother NZ for help but so far no resolution as yet.

Can anyone suggest what the problem area might be? I'm beginning to think the printer is OK but maybe something in Windows is at fault?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

p.s. I cannot upload images but text is:

1. The installer has detected a connection problem between computer and printer. When selecting Yes to try to correct:
2. An error occurred during the installation. Restart PC etc. ISO32 - NodeNameResolution - 1

Ask a Question