Cannot open epson scansmart or scan 2, but scanner works with other apps - windows 10 64b

Hi all, not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm sure sick of waiting on epson to reply.

So, I just bought an epson photo scanner, V39 II and have installed it. When I try and open either of the scan utilities that came with the installation package, I am getting an error in windows 10, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

When I check the support page, it only gives your basic noob steps -
1) Make sure the scanner is connected to the USB port. (Duh)
2) Make sure the power is on. (Sigh)
3) Make sure your software is up to date (Awww, cmon guys, I JUST downloaded the latest drivers... but ok, I'll run the update utility - yep, they're all up to date!)

That's it. Can't find boo on google to help with the issue. Here's the funny part though... when I open another scanning software (VueScan, windows scanner....etc) the scanner is found and works perfectly fine, I just can't open the epson software.

Any suggestions? I HATE windows scan, vuescan is not free.

On a side note, how long should it take to scan a 4x6 at 4800 dpi? Sheesh, it's been like 10 minutes lol

Ask a Question