Connection Problem DCP-J152W

I nearly always have to switch my printer and iPad on and off again for the printer to connect and print properly. If I leave them both on overnight and try to print, it says it’s receiving data and the dots go across the printers screen, but won’t actually print. I’ve done a factory reset but that didn’t solve the problem. Any ideas anyone, please?

It's not the iPad. It's the network hardware inside the printer being outdated enough for routers to not properly support anymore. They say wireless routers were backwards compatible but that's not true anymore. We've sourced a lot of HP printers lately because of this. The solution is a USB cable which from an iPad doesn't make sense. Or a newer model printer knowing that down the road this problem will happen again.

It's not the iPad. It's the network hardware inside the printer being outdated enough for routers to not properly support anymore. They say wireless routers were backwards compatible but that's not true anymore. We've sourced a lot of HP printers lately because of this. The solution is a USB cable which from an iPad doesn't make sense. Or a newer model printer knowing that down the road this problem will happen again.
Thank you for your prompt response.

You can also email your documents from your iPad to a computer connected to the printer via USB. That would probably be ideal if you want to keep using it.

Ask a Question