Desperately need help with print settings (Brother MFC-J6540DW)

JCB

Hi,
I'm trying to print out a book cover with title and author etc. It's a new book I've just finished binding but I can't get my Brother MFC-J6540DW to print the text in the postion and size that I want. I prefer to use a Linux computer but the brother drivers for Linux don't give you enough options in the print settings, so I've had to resort to my olld Windows 7 machine to do the job.

The attached images show what I'm trying to achieve. The book is A4 size but I need to have the cover printed out on A3 size paper which will be folded to give me the front and back. In the File/Print Settings/Scaling I have selected single page with A4 scaling, and in Print Settings/Advanced I have selected A3 size and Lanscape. So far it has printed everything way too far to the right so the half the text is missing, and either miles too large or quite miniscule ( almost needed a magnifying glass to read it.

I could sure use some advice on how to get the printer to realise what I want it to do.

This first image shows how the text should look on an A3 paper if I can work out the print settings, and the last image shows how I want the text to align with the spine of the book -
Capture3.jpg
Capture4.jpg

Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Edit: I should add that I used MSWord to type the text out on the A3 page and in that program I have the text exactly where I need it. My Brother printer doesn't seem to understand that though.

Thanks.
JCB

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ask a Question