Direct to Packaging Advice

Hey all!

I have a question that I will bounce off those more experienced while continuing to research. We own a small printing company that includes a Roland XR640 and Konica 3080 and 1052 printers. Until now, my background has been in education and instructional tech, so I currently lack experience/expertise that my husband has who's been in printing his whole teen and adult career. However, he's busy on projects, and I'd like to look into some product expansion ideas he's mentioned.
One of the ideas we were interested in pursuing is direct to packaging, or DTS? printing. It's not really a product we offer in-house. We would like to be able to offer client-branded packaging whether it be cardboard, kraft material, etc. I see so many printers capable, but wondering your best recommendation especially if space is a bit tight. We were thinking of possibly switching out the Roland XR with the Roland VersaUV.

Last edited:

Ask a Question