Epson ET-2803 phantom paper jam

hey all i just picked up two used epson et-2803 printers and both claim to have a paper jam but will feed paper and sometimes will try to print, i have blown out dust using compressed air but that didnt help, i have tried searching for any paper fragments but found none, is there a sensor or something that can get clogged and cause this issue?

Try disconnecting the printer, flipping it upside down, and shaking it rotating the printer at different angles. Something could have fallen inside. Also check the entire paper path for anything that doesn't look normal. I've found wooden dowels to paperclips wedged along the path. You can run a thick sheet of construction paper through the paper path while moving it in and out to wedge any debris out.

Try disconnecting the printer, flipping it upside down, and shaking it rotating the printer at different angles. Something could have fallen inside. Also check the entire paper path for anything that doesn't look normal. I've found wooden dowels to paperclips wedged along the path. You can run a thick sheet of construction paper through the paper path while moving it in and out to wedge any debris out.
already did that and nothing, i even removed both side covers and cant find anything, the second printer will pull the paper in and act like its going to print by moving the print head but then will say there is a jam, but everything is moving smoothly

I had some HPs like that. I inevitably just ended up parting them. I love Epson printers, but their EcoTank line needs to be more consumer friendly for basic maintenance procedures like this and also flushing ink. If you've run thick cardstock through it manually to clear out any debris, and if you checked the entire path, it may be a faulty or dirty sensor.

i havent tried thick cardstock, but i am willing to try, any ideas where the sensor might be? i am wondering if there is a sensor on the print head cause the second printer will move the print head, pull the paper in and move the print head to the paper like its about to print and then it will say there is a jam

Last edited:

Ask a Question