Epson printer exhibit same problem

I have two epson printers a CX3200 and a DX4800 I have connected these to both windows 10 and Linux systems with the same issues. This issue also manifests itself while offline and using the control panels of the printer. Both have been cleaned, head with cleaning kit a number of times, and head cleaned by control panel process. Both have had NEW cartridges for both colour and B/W and show up as full. Neither printer will print a test page or anything in Black or the colours when printing a test page. Neither will they print from the PC. The printers make a sound and progress as if printing but nothing on the page. When cleaning head with kit I get the liquid come through so all appears to have worked in that respect. Is there some other aspect I am missing here because I cannot believe that both exhibit the exact same problem, any help would be appreciated

Sounds like printhead delamination if you're seeing even flow sprays when flushing. I assume that's what you're doing when you mention "kit". These printers are very old and prone to failures as you're describing.

I can believe if one colour or black was failing as you said, but, both have worked fully only a few months ago, and why would they both exhibit exactly the same errors ie. no output to test page although sounds like it is printing but nothing on page. Is there anything else I could try like removing the print head to check or is that pushing the boat out to far. Thanks for your assistance

Sometimes people report printheads not printing after flushing. My theory is something clogged inside that's permanent unless you want to try and dismantle the printhead. Or liquid got on the electronics somewhere. Over the years, I've learned to be much more gentle when flushing printheads because of this. The longer you take to service them, the better.

Ask a Question