ET-16650 Maintenance Box and Cleaning

I bought a used ET-16650 that needs some work.

The 1st issue is about the maintenance box. It didn't have one when I brought it home so I ordered one on Amazon. I installed it but I keep getting the message that I need to reinstall the maintenance box. What else could be causing this message? I need to get this fixed before I can continue to see if it works.

The 2nd problem has to do with cleaning. I'm not sure what happened but there is ink all over this printer. I've removed the pieces I could and cleaned them. But I need to remove the entire outside plastic pieces in order to clean them. Plus I need to find out if there is ink on the inside that needs to be cleaned. I've removed all the screws I could see from the outside but there is still something that is not allowing me to remove the pieces. Is there some hidden screws, snaps or other connectors that I need to access?

I bought this to use for some Scout merit badge classes I teach but don't want to spend a lot of money. That being said, I'm only into this about $150.00.

These EcoTank models are the first generation of cartridge-less printing for Epson. They made these systems a major pain to service for basic maintenance requirements. The maintenance box may have a bad chip. Is it genuine? Is it making decent contact? Try cleaning the chip and securely pushing it back in. It could be defective.

Have you seen a paper pass through the printer yet? Do the ink stains wherever they are attach onto the paper as it's passing through the printer? if not, I would only do an external cosmetic cleanup and focus on a new maintenance box.

Ask a Question