ET-8550 ink color codes

I'm looking for the color codes for 552 Epson Photo Black which is actually a gray color. I don't print a lot of color documents or pictures. Based on my experience with the ET-4760 if I go more than seven days without printing a color document odds are good that one or more of the color nozzles will get clogged. To prevent this I created a Word document that has the four colors used by the ET-4760 using their exact numerical values and I print that document once a week unless I've printed color documents or photos. I'm assuming that the color codes for cyan, yellow, magenta, and black are the same for all Epson inks. I have been unsuccessful in finding those numbers for the Photo Black Ink. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't help you with the specific numbers. But have you heard of Printer Maintainer? It's an app specifically made to send certain color or black and white prints to your printer every X amount of days to keep the lines fresh. Also, head cleaning operations do the same thing. The majority of the EcoTank line was built to clog and be difficult to maintain/fix. Unless you spent some serious money on a much larger machine.

Ask a Question