Help with WF-2630 with CISS

Hello, I'm new here, and just learning. I have an Epson WF-2630 with a CISS on it. It was working perfectly until I had a stroke in 2018 and my family packed it up and stored it for 5 years while they moved me out of state. after setting it back up and refilling it, was mostly printing okay until I used a cleaning kit on it to clear all the jets, and accidently allowed it to update the firmware. Now it's telling me it's got a paper jam even when there's no paper in the printer (an 0xEA error). It occasionally makes a grinding noise when it does its post check. I don't see anything obstructing the carriage, and the timing belt looks clean. Also, the yellow ink isn't printing no matter how many times I run the nozzle cleaning, ever since using that cleaning syringe kit.
I'd like to know how to fix:
1) the phantom paper jam.
2)the 0xEA error
3)the grinding noise.
4) the yellow ink not printing
5) how to restore factory firmware.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I should add that being a stroke victim means i have one working hand, which limits my ability to do complex break downs. Should I just new a new 2630 and start over?

Last edited:
1,2, and 3 seem to have been fixed by removing and reinstalling the CISS cartridge.

Last edited:
Was yellow printing before you installed the CISS? It's either the chipset CISS uses or the cartridge they designed if it's not a genuine modified cartridge.

used a cleaning kit and its printing, but now I'm back to invisible paper jams and other errors. Do you guys sell an already set up ciss systems?

It's most likely the chips causing the problems then. We just went through this with a couple other CISS vendors. The chips aren't processing the ink the same as genuine or genuine modified/reset. And it's great timing that you asked because I'm creating a video today to show people how easy it is to modify their Epson 3800 / 3880 / P800 printers and to modify their ink cartridges to be refillable. It's the absolute best way to run a CISS in our opinion.

From the moment we modified ours, it's been printing non-stop. If you're interested in a CISS Kit ready Epson 3800 / 3880 / or P800 printer, contact me by DM or my contact form.

It's most likely the chips causing the problems then. We just went through this with a couple other CISS vendors. The chips aren't processing the ink the same as genuine or genuine modified/reset. And it's great timing that you asked because I'm creating a video today to show people how easy it is to modify their Epson 3800 / 3880 / P800 printers and to modify their ink cartridges to be refillable. It's the absolute best way to run a CISS in our opinion.

From the moment we modified ours, it's been printing non-stop. If you're interested in a CISS Kit ready Epson 3800 / 3880 / or P800 printer, contact me by DM or my contact form.
unfortunately, I don't own one of those printer models. But if you sell them, I'd be interested in a color printer with a working ciss already installed. I didn't see any on your site. or a working system for my 2630.
Are the chips causing the fake paper jams then? I removed all cartridges and I'm still getting invisible jams when I turn it on after the carriage, goes all the way left, all the way right, then back to the cartridge replacement spot, then ding,ding,ding, error. is this thing detecting the weight of the carriage to determine if it is not real ink? I did use an old laptop to put ink chip on here, so, are the chips causing the fake paper jams? I put the original Epson cartridges back in, and it's still giving me the same jam error.

After installing Inkchip, the menu says '(e-mail address removed)' at the bottom, and Wicreset says the firmware is: "LF26I1", is that the no-chip firmware? if it is, it isn't working. I'm starting to suspect that since I didn't let Inkchip fully install their virus and download my password vault, their firmware broke my printer. I turned on/off the wifi just long enough for the activation bar to fill.

Last edited:
if I use Wicreset to download the firmware off of the second printer I have here, how do I upload it on the printer I'm fixing?

the entire process with ink chip support has been extremely unprofessional and seems to all involve me putting gaps in my online protections so they can access passwords/keylog. should I just go ahead and give them my account number and bank password now, to move this process along?

Last edited:
I tried going back to the Epson firmware using the support page, now the screen just says; "SUM 1AAF/F94D VER LF26I 1/16.65" did i fry it?

Now the Ukrainian mafia are asking me to video my installation of their software, yeah, sure...
I'll get right on that...‍‍‍
They want me to shut off my virus protection, mess with my VPN, and connect the printer they're installing to the Wi-Fi. Are we trying to go through the printer to bypass the firewall? What is the real goal here?

Last edited:
I spoke with Epson support, they say there's a mechanical failure and it needs to go to a repair facility.

I just finished creating and editing the video on creating your own CISS kit using existing genuine Epson cartridges. And because of your post, I started offering printers that come with a full set of modified CISS cartridges, our chip resetter, and a syringe kit for filling and refilling.

Here's the video:

Here's our pre-modified ready to go CISS printer packages:
https://upandprinting.com/product-category/modified-printer-packages/

Ask a Question