How do I configure printer to ignore the color cartridges

I have an MFC-J475DW that I want to only print in Black. Is there a way to tell the printer to ignore the color cartridge status. and only print in black?

I have an MFC-J475DW that I want to only print in Black. Is there a way to tell the printer to ignore the color cartridge status. and only print in black?
By the way I should have mentioned that this is a Brother Printer

To configure the printer to ignore the color cartridge:
Access the printer settings from the control panel or computer interface.
Locate the Print Quality or Color Management option.
Select "Print in Black and White" or "Use Black Ink Only" mode.
Save your settings so that only black ink is used for future print jobs.

1. Open the Control Panel on your computer.
2. Go to Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on your printer and select Printing Preferences.
4. Look for an option called "Print in Grayscale" or "Black & White Printing" and select this option.
5. If available, choose "Black ink only" or "Use black cartridge only" and select this option.
6. Save your preferences and exit the settings.

Most printers, including the MFC-J475DW, need color cartridges to have some ink, even for black-only prints. You can set it to grayscale or mono mode, but if the color cartridges are empty, it won’t print. Replacing them with cheap refills should keep it going! Hope this helps!

Yes, you can configure your MFC-J475DW to print in black only, even if the color cartridges are low or empty. Go to the printer settings on your computer, select "Printer Properties" or "Print Preferences," and look for an option related to "Color" or "Print in Grayscale." Choose the "Black & White" or "Grayscale" option to ensure the printer uses only black ink. This setting should allow you to ignore the color cartridge status and print in black.

Ask a Question