print head issue for epson ET16650

My ET16650 stopped printing, I tried cleaning the head numerous times and tried flushing it which did not seem to do anything. I took it to a local repair guy who could not get it to work. Sending the printer to a service centre is quite expensive. The repair person suggested I could remove the printhead and send it to the service centre (or replace it). Problem is I don't know how to remove it. the screws I took out did nothing except to disconnect the tubes. Any help would be appreciated. I am not a knowledgeable computer person. I bought this for a non-profit group and I don't have a lot of money to spend on it.

Check out my post on the EcoTank lineup of printers. It directly addresses your problem.
https://www.printerforums.net/threads/storage-of-epson-eco-tank-printer.76114/#post-227225

You're better off with a printer not in the EcoTank line for this. You can try several cleaning methods for the printhead. But if the ink is clogged in the lines somewhere, good luck. Epson created this series of printers to appeal to people trying to save money on ink and be conscious to the environment. However, they made them very difficult to maintain. Once the blocks happen, it gets unusually difficult to service for no apparent reason other than Epson's greed.

Ask a Question