Printer suggestions for printing photos on 130 to 160 gsm plain paper

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a printer capable of printing photos on A4 plain paper (borderless).

I've been having some difficulty though as the majority of printers I've looked at only seem to support specific branded photo papers above ~105 gsm.

These branded photo papers aren't suitable for me though as they're photo paper and start at 170gsm. But I need the printer to support plain paper in the range of 130 to 160 gsm.

The one printer I've come across that I think might be suitable is the Epson EcoTank 8500. It's spec doesn't explicitly mention a max gsm from what I can see, but it does say:

Thickness: Single Sheet 1.3mm

I'm writing this post, hoping for further suggestions, as well as confirmation that this printer is good for my use case.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated

I advise against any EcoTank line from Epson. They're bait and switches with their ink system. You'll end up spending more time fighting with the printer trying to get it to work down the road. The Canon Pro-100 or Epson Stylus Photo 1400 or Artisan 1430 for middle line. Epson P800,Stylus Pro 3800, or Stylus Pro 3880 are the higher end. They support much higher gsms also.

Ask a Question