Several questions about Epson L3250

Hi to the forum! I have just joined. I have found interesting info about this printer here, but as I'm planning to buy one this month, I have several doubts.

1. Does driver of this printer allows mixing CMYK colors as customers wants, for instance for black as CMYK 30 30 30 100, or it converts into CMYK 0 0 0 100? If it uses K as pigment and CMY as dyes, or K is also a dye? This question is about my already defined PDFs which are already set with corresponding CMYK colors for printing, and occasionally I have to reprint, so I'm wondering how L3250 works with color management.

2. Does anywhere on the internet can I find ICC profile for this printer, to preview it's gamut in the software according to my PDFs, and thus conclude if it's color space corresponds my needs?

I know that this is lower end budget printer, but as I have specific needs sometimes, besides pure office bw prints, I have these doubts. I'm thinking that those Epson printers are great for micro businesses with refill technology and a decent resolution.

Thanks

Ask a Question