Sonoma, Epson Print Layout and SC P800

I upgraded to Sonoma OS 14.4 and can’t use EPL anymore on my SC P800. Epson hasn’t version for this OS. Any workaround?

I upgraded to Sonoma OS 14.4 and can’t use EPL anymore on my SC P800. Epson hasn’t version for this OS. Any workaround?
Well I currently cannot install the Epson Driver for my SC P800 on Sonoma 14.6 so I feel your pain. Wish I could be more help.

You could try reinstalling the printer driver for basic functions, or use third-party software like Qimage or Lightroom for print layouts until Epson updates EPL. Reaching out to Epson support for a workaround might also help.

Yes of course. The install fails. Epson support has been utterly useless.
The issue seems to be with security changes in Sonoma that prevent certain actions.
I have been in correspondence with a very nice software engineer in Germany who had a similar issue and fixed it for his system.
He is attempting to troubleshoot where I can get access to the problem via Terminal and clear the problem .kext file which would supposedly allow the drivers to install. If we fix it, I will be posting a solution to try.

Ask a Question