Setup:
Brother MFC-L3770CDW
New genuine Belt unit;
New genuine Drums ;
New genuine Black ink,
Cleaned and emptied the waste collector,
the fuser does not look dirty looking without disassembling it,
wiped all the LEDs with alcohol clean,
all the contacts to the belt and drums wiped clean.
Color toners I do not have genuine but I have bought at least 4 sets with 5 stars from amazon and changing the toner has not made a difference in the quality as much after few prints the ink settled down ...
Registration and calibration was done multiple times,
the rollers of the toners all are solid color,

Problem:
my print quality issue : The test print page is of acceptable quality but the pictures are affected by the density variety of colors horizontal and vertical; The only color without problem is Yellow!

The Test: I go to maintence mode (home button 5 sec, lower menue *0# and then I print test pages of one solid color
Results :
I have vertical banding of the color repeating around every 20mm and
I have non smooth print of color horizontally with a pattern repeating every 2mm or so and a bigger pattern of 29mm ; Yellow color is smooth as butter even with not genuine drums; Blue is the worst with sides fading .. same pattern with different toners; Red is a bit faint on the side not as bad...

According to manual it can be LEDs ; main board or High voltage board ... that is the whole printer! MFC-L3770cdw

would appreciate some advice as how to tackle this...

CCI_000002.jpg

Ask a Question