Weird thing with Kyocera printing backgrounds as hard grey

Hello and thank you for reading me. I have a new-to-me KYOCERA ECOSYS M5521cdn that's doing a very weird thing that it's printing backgrounds as grey or so.

It seems to be a software issue and happens printing from different software and from different PCs using Windows 10 in one and Linux Debian 11.9 in the other different one.

It has to be a software thing because photocopies are very good and because it prints squares erratically sometimes (not looking like the classical squared chess thing) or all the "white" background as grey, mixing the typical CMY colors. Only happens printing from PC and not with photocopies.

I tried looking for a factory reset in the printer menu but I don't see anything like an option to do that.

I've tried looking anywhere for a solution and I'm not having any success. I'll be thankful for any help and I'll be glad to offer my help checking this forum for helping others.

Finally found the solution using this tutorial for doing a hard reset of the printer:

I cannot find the setting that was creating the mess, but doing a good factory reset fixed it, as it seems.

Ask a Question