WF-7840 Printer Settings for Photo Quality Inkjet Paper

Hi All,

I have a WF-7840 that I purchased a few months back and have been unable to get it to print on Photo Quality Inkjet Paper in Tray 2.

It will print if I use Tray 1 but it appears that the Epson firmware in the printer is brain-dead for Tray 2. Tray 2 only offers half the paper type options of tray 1.

My much older WF-3xxx series printers could do this without any issue.

Specifically, trying to select Photo Quality Inkjet Paper for Tray 2 A3 size is not possible. It is not offered as a paper format option. So I have to manually swap out Tray 1 remove the A4 paper, replace with A3 paper, reset the printer console paper type, select the paper tray, size and type in the print options, finally print and then repeat the whole process to swap back to A4 printing.

If you are thinking why not just swap the trays over, you cannot. Tray 1 and Tray 2 have different physical formats in order that 'dumb-users' cannot put the wrong tray in the wrong slot....... bah .. humbug.

Anyone got any better drivers or firmware for a WF-7840 to fix this ?

Thanks
Tony

Ask a Question