What common chemicals should be used for nozzle/head clean now that Windex with ammonia unvailable?

I want to clean the nozzles/head on my Stylus Color 1400. It's been a long time since I did any nozzle/head cleaning, and that was on another printer. Back then, we could use the Windex with ammonia formulation and alcohol.

However, the original Windex with ammonia formulation is no longer available where I am. I don't want to spend a ton of money on commercial cleaning fluid, as it's pricey, and I intend only to clean the nozzles/head on this one printer once... just enough to demo the printer properly so I can sell it. So, what common chemicals are recommended nowadays for cleaning?

Also, there seems to be some difference of opinion about the best method to clean heads/nozzles. Some tell you to push cleaning fluid into the nozzles and others say that's not as safe as pulling ink up into they syringe, which they claim avoids damage. What do you recommend?

Ask a Question