Can't print in black only.

My Epson XP-6105 printer has suddenly started printing the text in my documents in alternate black, red and blue lines even when I choose black only. Anyone any idea please how I can change this?

Sometimes, a misalignment or clog in the print head can cause unusual printing patterns. Use the printer's utility software to clean the print head and see if that resolves the issue.

Hello Justin. Thank for your reply. As it happens, I decided to buy another cartridge because I thought the spare I had may have been past its magic sell by date and I have now got t work and done a full head clean. Regards.Brian

Your Epson XP-6105 printer is printing text in alternate colors instead of black, even when selecting black-only printing. Here's what you can do:
  1. Check ink levels and ensure the black cartridge isn't low.
  2. Confirm "Black Only" or "Grayscale" printing option is selected.
  3. Update the printer driver.
  4. Perform a nozzle check and head cleaning.
  5. If the issue persists, consider resetting the printer or contacting Epson support.

When black ink gets low, sometimes printers will make a composite black using multiple colors. It sounds like that was happening or the head needed a software clean. I'm glad you were able to resolve it.

Ask a Question