General printer questions

Can anyone recommend a decent home inkjet? I had an epson, when the firmware updated it stopped using after- market ink. Had an hour deskjet, wireless died in just over a month. I just bought a brother mfc inkjet. The pc drivers won’t download and they just told me it has to be installed at a pc before the iPads will work,,,WHAT? What if all we had were apple iPads/iPhones or android. Their tech chat said it’s probably my laptop, brand new just bought in Sept. Any suggestions?

Signed
FedUp

As far a brands go I've had best success with Canon. My first inkjet was a Canon BJ200 (Bubble Jet) purchased about 30 years ago. My first color inkjet was an Epson but it stopped working within a couple years. Fast forward to the present a Pixma MX922 is what I use most for general color printing and it's somewhere around 10 years old now and still works like new. My other inkjet is a Canon Pixma Pro-100 bought about 6 years ago used exclusively for printing photos. I also own a Canon Selphy dye-sub printer and a b&w Brother laser printer. Like inkjets of any brand, they need to be used frequently to prevent nozzles from plugging up. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Ask a Question