Ink absorber pad full message

The G7020 is apparently impossible to reset without the software only an authorized service person would have.
It can now be reset using the WICReset app (with the printer in service mode) but you do need a WICReset key to do so.

And it's also possible to fit an external waste ink kit rather than getting the printer serviced. Details on how to do both the install and the reset are on the OctoInkjet YouTube channel although the videos are aimed at the G6050 model (The G7020 is very similar).

I hasten to add this is not a recommendation as it's my own kit and video content. Just mentioning it so you know there's options even if they're DIY.

M44

Hi. The counter on an Epson and Canon printer can be reset cheaper with the new Wic Reset Connect software.
The key can be purchased at: wicresetconnect.com
for $6

Hi. The counter on an Epson and Canon printer can be reset cheaper with the new Wic Reset Connect software.
The key can be purchased at: wicresetconnect.com
for $6
With respect, that app is a remote access app wrapped up as something else. While I not implying the reason for this approach is for malicious reasons, it does make it possible for the app owners and/or their agents to do more than just reset the waste counter.

And speaking frankly why does anyone need a third party to remotely access their machine in order to reset the waste ink counter. There are plenty of instructions out on YouTube and elsewhere that show how to use WICReset app' to complete the task without opening a system to potential compromise through remote access software.

Why not simply provide the keys at a lower price and leave it at that?

M44

With respect, that app is a remote access app wrapped up as something else. While I not implying the reason for this approach is for malicious reasons, it does make it possible for the app owners and/or their agents to do more than just reset the waste counter.

And speaking frankly why does anyone need a third party to remotely access their machine in order to reset the waste ink counter. There are plenty of instructions out on YouTube and elsewhere that show how to use WICReset app' to complete the task without opening a system to potential compromise through remote access software.

Why not simply provide the keys at a lower price and leave it at that?

Applications like Wic Reset Utility, InkChip and Wic Reset Connect can reset over 1500 printer models. All of these applications require an internet connection to perform the reset because they connect to a server, download reset instructions, and send them to the printer to complete the process.

Wic Reset Utility also reads data from the printer and sends it to the server. This is a Russian program, so you can’t be sure if it only resets the printer. If any of these applications contained the reset data for all printers, they would have been cracked and made available for free long ago.

Do you know how much time and money it takes to crack 1500 printers?
Add to that the 24/7 work of the servers.

You only reset the printer once every three years on average.
I think that's not a high cost.

Applications like Wic Reset Utility, InkChip and Wic Reset Connect can reset over 1500 printer models. All of these applications require an internet connection to perform the reset because they connect to a server, download reset instructions, and send them to the printer to complete the process.

Wic Reset Utility also reads data from the printer and sends it to the server. This is a Russian program, so you can’t be sure if it only resets the printer. If any of these applications contained the reset data for all printers, they would have been cracked and made available for free long ago.

Do you know how much time and money it takes to crack 1500 printers?
Add to that the 24/7 work of the servers.

You only reset the printer once every three years on average.
I think that's not a high cost.
Your response is noted but you have completely missed the point I made.

The app provided via wicresetconnect.com is a wrapper for a remote access app, NOT the WICReset app itself. It provides remote access to a third party who then appears to use the WICReset app instead of the end user themselves. Why have a third party doing the work that an end-user can do themselves?

I see no reason such a wrapper needs to exist and while your point about the way WIC and WICReset apps work is valid. They could indeed present a potential security risk which is why I always check app releases before release. The WICReset developers have addressed these issues, while the WIC app developers have not and WIC still shows security flags.

But my point still stands... why not simply provide the WICReset key at a lower cost instead of creating a wrapper for remote access? Or if remote access hand holding is being offered why not offer it as a transparent service for those who feel less technically capable of completing the process themselves?

As an aside some background that might help with how you respond. I have worked with and communicated with the WICReset developers for just over a decade now. While I don't promote my own business services on here I've been involved in the waste ink side of things for close to two decades so you're not trying to explain this to a clueless n00b.

M44

Your response is noted but you have completely missed the point I made.

The app provided via wicresetconnect.com is a wrapper for a remote access app, NOT the WICReset app itself. It provides remote access to a third party who then appears to use the WICReset app instead of the end user themselves. Why have a third party doing the work that an end-user can do themselves?

I see no reason such a wrapper needs to exist and while your point about the way WIC and WICReset apps work is valid. They could indeed present a potential security risk which is why I always check app releases before release. The WICReset developers have addressed these issues, while the WIC app developers have not and WIC still shows security flags.

But my point still stands... why not simply provide the WICReset key at a lower cost instead of creating a wrapper for remote access? Or if remote access hand holding is being offered why not offer it as a transparent service for those who feel less technically capable of completing the process themselves?

As an aside some background that might help with how you respond. I have worked with and communicated with the WICReset developers for just over a decade now. While I don't promote my own business services on here I've been involved in the waste ink side of things for close to two decades so you're not trying to explain this to a clueless n00b.
Wic Reset Connect is a cloud-based reset service. The printer connects to a server that resets the waste ink counter, rather than a human operator. The connection is encrypted and secure. This solution is a competitive alternative to Wic Reset Utility, and it is owned by a different company. Wic Reset Connect is a certified program, protected by patents, and is becoming increasingly popular in many countries.

Wic Reset Connect is a cloud-based reset service. The printer connects to a server that resets the waste ink counter, rather than a human operator. The connection is encrypted and secure. This solution is a competitive alternative to Wic Reset Utility, and it is owned by a different company. Wic Reset Connect is a certified program, protected by patents, and is becoming increasingly popular in many countries.
I'm going to respectfully call that a load of absolute bull pucky. Your own video shows the WICReset app being used, not some other system.

For anyone who's reading this. I recommend you do the following.

- Download the app.
- Use 7zip to extract the exe to a new folder
- Open the extracted folder and you will find two EXE files called helpwire32/64...
- Lookup these files and you'll find they are part of a remote support system called HelpWire

There are no other applications or drivers other than those used to provide remote USB connectivity to a third party.

These clowns get you to install this so you can effectively contact them with your "key", then they remotely access your computer to complete the reset using WICReset. If you need further evidence check the instructions for WICReset on YouTube and elsewhere so you can see most of the process is covered by that already.

To be absolutely clear if these folks were being genuine and sensible about this they would be offering this sort of thing as a service, transparently for the plenty of people who really struggle with technology. Although frankly the WIC Reset connect "app" is just as complicated as the real deal.

...but no they don't. Instead there's this BS exterior that stinks to high heaven while making these claims about patents, certified programs, etc... I mean seriously.

And to you M44... Do yourself a favour. Quit while you're behind.

M44

I'm going to respectfully call that a load of absolute bull pucky. Your own video shows the WICReset app being used, not some other system.

For anyone who's reading this. I recommend you do the following.

- Download the app.
- Use 7zip to extract the exe to a new folder
- Open the extracted folder and you will find two EXE files called helpwire32/64...
- Lookup these files and you'll find they are part of a remote support system called HelpWire

There are no other applications or drivers other than those used to provide remote USB connectivity to a third party.

These clowns get you to install this so you can effectively contact them with your "key", then they remotely access your computer to complete the reset using WICReset. If you need further evidence check the instructions for WICReset on YouTube and elsewhere so you can see most of the process is covered by that already.

To be absolutely clear if these folks were being genuine and sensible about this they would be offering this sort of thing as a service, transparently for the plenty of people who really struggle with technology. Although frankly the WIC Reset connect "app" is just as complicated as the real deal.

...but no they don't. Instead there's this BS exterior that stinks to high heaven while making these claims about patents, certified programs, etc... I mean seriously.

And to you M44... Do yourself a favour. Quit while you're behind.
If you looked at the list of supported printers, you'd see that Wic Reset Connect supports fewer Epson printers and more Canon printers. If it were based on Wic Reset Utility, the supported printers would be the same.

The technology you're referring to has been known for 9 years, and it's used by globally recognized companies like Bosch. In the video tutorial, Wic Reset Utility was shown at the beginning to demonstrate how to read the counters and ensure that communication with the printer is functioning properly for the reset.

It’s not true that Wic Reset Connect is as complicated as Wic Reset Utility. In this app, there’s only one field to enter the key and one reset button.

You have no grounds to criticize this solution. Your assumption that Wic Reset Utility is being used for the reset is incorrect. Wic Reset Connect recognizes both Epson and Canon printers, connects them to a server, which has its own system for resetting the absorber counter. The connection is encrypted and secure.

Could it be that you’re the owner of Wic Reset Utility, and that's why you're so aggressively criticizing this solution?

You have no grounds to criticize this solution. Your assumption that Wic Reset Utility is being used for the reset is incorrect. Wic Reset Connect recognizes both Epson and Canon printers, connects them to a server, which has its own system for resetting the absorber counter. The connection is encrypted and secure.
It's in your own video for pete's sake!

Here's a screenshot from your OWN INSTRUCTIONS:

1726235209780.png

Am I a developer for WICReset? LOL... no.. a reseller yes... but not the developer...

As for why so aggressive, because you are so blatantly lying through your teeth.

Anyway... enough with this silliness... It's blatantly obvious for anyone to see what the deal is with minimal research... I'm out.

M44

It's in your own video for pete's sake!

Am I a developer for WICReset? LOL... no.. a reseller yes... but not the developer...

As for why so aggressive, because you are so blatantly lying through your teeth.

Anyway... enough with this silliness... It's blatantly obvious for anyone to see what the deal is with minimal research... I'm out.
When you don't know what it's about, it's always about money. I have a cheaper solution that works, and that bothers you. If someone wants, they can use the more expensive option, Wic Reset Utility, or they can choose the cheaper cloud reset service in Wic Reset Connect.

Wic Reset Connect keys are sold by many services worldwide. We have thousands of only positive reviews.

The solution works and is cheaper. Everyone has the choice of which solution they want to use.

Further correspondence makes no sense.

Ask a Question